Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Home Sings Me of Sweet Things

Having been home for almost 2 weeks now, gaining several pounds after eating the necessaries, taking many hot showers, and sleeping in a dream-cloud of a bed, I can safely say that I think I'm past the danger of reverse culture shock. So many people say that the adjustment associated with coming back is even worse than when you arrive in the host country, but I feel nothing but content and blessed to have and do all that I have had and done in just 2 weeks. Maybe it's because I know I'm leaving again (to Mozambique for a year with Peace Corps Response in August - blog lovers, hold on to your britches!), maybe it's because it's summer, or maybe it's just because I have incredible friends and family. Either way, it's oh so good to be home.

No comments: