Monday, February 2, 2009

Interesting things I’ve done since my last entry…(written 1.31.09)

Stayed up until 3 am in a hotel lobby installing drivers for my new hard drive (the burnt out old one being the reason for the recent lack of blogging.

Taken my cat to a vet in the developing world (enough said) after spending several days at home with her in heat. (She can get out through the roof at night, you know…)

Removed several hearts from chicken breasts in order to cook them for dinner – the breasts, not the hearts.

Had an amateur manicure that required 6 bottles of nail polish. Yes, they were stunning.

Found a dead rat under my bed. And thoroughly mopped. And mopped again with Clorox.

Visited the high school to talk about MLK Jr. on his birthday, the American holiday.

Attempted to make arroz con leche, and failed.

Organized a First Aid training to be held in my community clinic, and led by other Peace Corps Volunteers, in March.

Invited some Dominican young’ns to my house to watch a movie in Spanish, and understood everything! (Not entirely fair, as I have seen Love Actually in English many times, Actually. )

Ridden up a mountain on the back of a Vespa that had a flat tire. And by ridden, I mean the driver made me get off and walk up the really steep parts. (I am after all, according to my community, putting on the pounds…)

Become much more proficient in my energy-efficient-stove building abilities by participating in a build in a neighboring community.

There are surely many more, but these juicy tidbits are what come to mind most readily.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mica, Wish you had time to write more often. I really enjoy your blog. It was so nice to see and hear you in our Sunday School Class.
God Bless You. Hollins W.