Thursday, March 26, 2009

20 Questions (written 3.18.09)

I often feel like I’m playing this popular car game here in my site. For instance, some conversations I had just today…

Conversation 1

Man I don’t know that well: Hey, has that guy come yet?

Me: Um, what guy?

Man: You know, the American who was going to come work in the next community over.

Me: Oh, THAT guy. Yea, they haven’t finished filling out their application yet, but when they turn it in they might be able to get a volunteer in their community.

Man: OK

Conversation 2

Me to my neighbor lady: Just wanted to let you know that the first-aid course has been rescheduled for May 4-8.

Neighbor: OK, well you know I have to talk to the women.

Me: Um, what women?

Neighbor: You know, the women I work with at the chocolate factory.

Me: Oh, THOSE women. I see. You’ll have to let them know you won’t be there on those days.

Neighbor: Yea.


It’s kind of like pulling teeth (see next entry). I don’t think it’s that they’re lazy, I think they honestly expect me to know what they’re talking about without specifying. I guess it keeps things interesting.

No comments: