Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The day Mica got a fungus

Being as it's an itchless, painless fungus, I actually don't know exactly what day that was. I thought it was just a few little sunspots on my shoulders, but after inspecting my back, my doctor informed me it's in fact a benign fungus growing on me. Even if I had mirrors, I wouldn't be able to see my back, so I had no idea what was going on back there! She gave me a cream, which strangely consists of the same ingredients as dandruff shampoo, so hopefully that will take care of it.

So I moved into my new house yesterday, and what an adventure it was. I spent the entire day Saturday cleaning out 50 years worth of the former owners' belongings (no matter what country they are from, old people sure do like to collect junk), not to mention 2 years worth of dust, cobwebs, and insect corpses. It's quite the interesting house, part cement, with the wooden parts infested with termites. 3 bedrooms, a breezeway type area, and a separate kitchen, with the bathroom outside the house, albeit tile with running water! It was a lucky find, even if it is a fixer upper, much like the house I grew up in and will always love. Old house charm, old house problems... Nothing a brand new bed, a teflon pan, and an orange tabby cat can't cure! I'm going to pick him up in a few days, and his name will be Chinola: a yellow, tart fruit that makes delicious smoothies!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mica, I am so proud of you! You stories light up my day, and your writing is wonderful. Ok, I'm a bit prejudiced, but it's true. Keep up your great work, you're learning more than you know.
Love, Dad

MorningGlory said...

Love reading your blog, Mica. What wonderful experiences you are having. (Although they would be hard for a sissy like me) I am so proud of you and proud to know you.
You have a real gift for writing and I plan to visit your blog quite often.
You are in our thoughts and prayers. God bless you, Mica
Hollins Wender