Friday, September 26, 2008

Handyman (written 9.15.08)

Today I installed a toilet seat. That is, after riding a motorcycle 30 minutes both ways to the nearest hardware store where I could first buy a toilet seat. Some might say this is a small task, but it was a proud moment for me. Handyman Mica!

Once I was in fix-up-the-house mode, I decided to take the scary couch cushions outside for a beating as well. A clean-crazy friend of mine (you know who you are) sent me a package with travel size Febreeze, among other cleaning supplies (spray on wrinkle release - really!), so I decided to deodorize the cushions. Seriously, it could only help. I mostly refuse to even sit on the cushions. Thanks a bunch to my ultra hygienic friend!

Finally, the cat has trumped his own stupidity. As I type, he is wandering among the wooden rafters and zinc sheets of my roof, crying and pretending he can't get down. He must be able to - he got up after all! - and as it is raining and dark, I really have no other option than to sit and wait. It would be ridiculous to ask my senior neighbors to come out in the wet dark with a ladder to retrieve my cat, especially in a country where the majority sees our feline friends as little more than rat traps. Sorry Chinola! Get comfy, it may be a long night…

No comments: